[Gllug] Clock running at double speed!

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Jan 21 17:05:10 UTC 2007

On 20 Jan 2007, John Winters uttered the following:
> The computer as a whole seems to work fine, but the clock drifts at an
> astonishing rate.  It's running Debian Sarge, with a 2.6.18 kernel and
> if I clock-watch on the desktop the clock seems to run at exactly
> twice the correct rate.  That is, every second it updates but the time
> increases by 2 seconds, like this:

This is generally an ACPI problem, if I recall. Try booting with
`acpi=off' (I think `noacpi' is a synonym for this).

--
`The serial comma, however, is correct and proper, and abandoning it will
surely lead to chaos, anarchy, rioting in the streets, the Terrorists