[Gllug] Hassle free way to connect ethernet-enabled device to a wireless LAN

Sarah Lemarié sarah at thaum.net
Sat Jan 20 18:01:17 UTC 2007

You might also want to consider ethernet over power. We used to have a
wireless bridge connected to some machines that lived upstairs in our
house, however it would invariably hang from time to time, and even
though it was rare, it was still a pain to reset and reconfigure.

We switched to using ethernet over power a while ago, and have found
it to be great; brilliant speeds, never any issues, really slick.

It's just a suggestion. For what it's worth, my own experiences with
wireless bridges are that if your bridge is not the same brand as the
access point you want it to connect to, it may not work at all. I
don't know if that's generally true or whether we were just unlucky.

Sarah.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk