[Gllug] Hassle free way to connect ethernet-enabled device to a wireless LAN

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sat Jan 20 15:19:38 UTC 2007

I've got a computer and a printer and various other bits which have
ethernet sockets but no wireless, and no way to wireless enable them
either.  I want to connect them to my wifi LAN (running cables around
the house is not an option).

I think what I need here is a "wireless ethernet bridge".
Unfortunately these devices seem to be rare as hens teeth at the
moment.  I would prefer to avoid the triumvirate of shoddy wireless
kit (ie. Linksys, D-Link and Belkin), but it looks like they are the
only ones selling such devices, and even those are rare.

Netgear have the WGE101 which looks ideal, but is unobtainable (well,
there's one on eBay which I'm bidding on, but I'm not relying on being
able to get that ..)

Any ideas on how to do this?

Rich.

--