[Gllug] fedora kde

Christopher Mocock chris at wavestore.com
Wed Jan 17 09:47:45 UTC 2007

Henry Gilbert wrote:
> On 17/01/07, Daniel P. Berrange <dan at berrange.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 10:54:29PM +0000, co at byintelligentdesign.co.uk
>> wrote:
>> > Does Fedora Core not like KDE or summink?
>>

> When installing Fedora, I avoid KDE like the plague.

I've been using Fedora for a few years using Gnome as the desktop. Two
days ago I decided to reinstall FC6 and opted for KDE instead. It's been
working like a charm with all the Beryl special effects switched on for
the last few days.

To the original poster, I guess you've got KDE installed OK, what seems
to be the problem? You don't really need to know too much about RPM
packaging if you just use the KYum program under the Administration
menu. Yum is a tool for managing RPM packages and handles all the
inter-dependencies automagically. You can use yum from the command line
instead but you may want to use the KYum GUI if you're not familiar with
yum.

Cheers, Chris
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk