[Gllug] More Xen problems: Unable to start xend

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 16:14:54 UTC 2007

On 1/17/07, Daniel P. Berrange <dan at berrange.com> wrote:

> Urgh, that is absolutely horrific :-( I have a crusade about improving
> error reporting in Xen tools, so this is now on my 'hit list' !

Yep. Like much of Xen's error reporting, it leaves a lot to be desired...

> There are the various  'xenstore-XXX' command line tools for querying
> it. I don't believe there's any rebuild tools - I always just delete
> it, reboot & things are happy again, so I wonder why that's still
> failing for you

Curiously enough, it now does. The first time I tried it, I deleted
/var/lib/xenstored/*, and it still failed. If I delete everything
including the /var/lib/xenstored directory itself, it seems to work.
No, it doesn't make much sense to me, either...

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk