[Gllug] scsi host adaptor

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 21:19:50 UTC 2007

Alain Williams writes:

>So: I am trying to source a SCSI host adaptor that is known to work
>with Linux I am having a devil of a job relating what the kernel
>config talks about with adaptec/... product names and then trying to
>find someone who will sell such a thing at a decent price.

I've been using Kouwell cards (based on Initio chipsets) recently,
mostly because they're a fraction of the price of an Adaptec card.
I don't think I paid more than 40 quid for any of them, and I've had
no problems whatsoever.

Plus, Initio now own ConnectCom/Advansys, who made what were in my
experince the best supported and best performing SCSI controllers
under Linux.

Tet