[Gllug] ist that right that the Oyster card got RFID on it?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Jan 18 00:20:22 UTC 2007

On 17 Jan 2007, John Winters told this:
> I think the design of the gates may have changed now, but when I used

The gates have been redesigned. The new ones chew up tickets much faster
than the old ones ever did, and they open and close the gates with
astonishing slowness, without always stopping properly if someone is
trapped between them and at an apparently random interval after the last
person went through.

So chase-the-gates is now more like Russian roulette than the innocent
little game of timing it used to be.

>              It seemed to me to be a game for regular commuters to try
> to avoid letting the gates close.

Yep ;))

--
`The serial comma, however, is correct and proper, and abandoning it will
surely lead to chaos, anarchy, rioting in the streets, the Terrorists