[Gllug] Mounting removable media

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Wed Jan 3 01:25:59 UTC 2007

Aaarrggghhh!!!! Will someone please invent a time machine, and go
back and shoot whichever fool decided to make mounting removable
media under Linux so damned complex before they do it?

The abortion that is gnome-volume-manager must die[1]. I'm rapidly
coming to the conclusion that hald should join it, too. udev rocks,
and may live. But the others are a crime against, well, my sensibilities.

Tet

[1] Since when did filesystem management become tied to the desktop,
    anyway? Morons.