[Gllug] OSS Spam filtering, virus scanning email solutions

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Jan 11 00:51:21 UTC 2007

On 9 Jan 2007, Martin A. Brooks verbalised:
> As my work colleagues can hopefully confirm, I don't often use
> profanity, so please don't misunderstand me when I say: people who use
> third party blacklists as a definitive guide to which mails should be
> accepted ,or not, are fucking stupid.  It's sheer idiocy.

Bah, that's nothing. I've had mail rejected on the basis that *.uk are
spammers before. (Justin Mason has reported having the same experience
with .ie addresses.)

There is no policy so moronic that someone, somewhere, isn't using and
advocating it as a mail blocking policy. (Although *generally* policies
like `reject all mails with the letter `p' in the body' are bugs.)

--
`He accused the FSF of being "something of a hypocrit", which
 shows that he neither understands hypocrisy nor can spell.'