[Gllug] update firefox

Alex A. Smith MCP asmith at asmhosting.com
Tue Jan 2 00:23:28 UTC 2007

> I have downloaded the firefox 2.0 rpm file from the web and saved in a
directory.

>When I used Installation Source to Add the Local Directory under the
Software Media Source but it didn't >recognise any rpm files in the folder
that I have download it to.

>When I used Software Management to install the avail ver 2.0 but it said it
has lots of dependency conflicts.

In answer to that question:

It won't detect it as a installation source as it's just a single RPM. To
install it you'll either need to use shell (rpm -Uvh <rpm name>) or if there
is a separate RPM manager in OpenSuSE (I can't for the life of me remember
if there is) you could use that.

As for the dependency conflicts - YAST should automatically correct these, I
don't have a machine here to check which ones it is but it should ask you if
you want to install the other packages (Would seem daft to have the package
in the OpenSuSE install paths, yet not the dependences!).

Regards,

Alex