[Gllug] ist that right that the Oyster card got RFID on it?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Jan 16 19:56:13 UTC 2007

On 16 Jan 2007, Juergen Schinker said:
> Am Di, 16.01.2007, 07:56, schrieb Nix:
>> On 15 Jan 2007, Juergen Schinker told this:
>>> RFID on every Produkt like food etc.
>>
>> Gods. Terrorists could scan your house remotely and determine that you
>> buy *food*.
>
> i'm not talking about terrorists what i scare is the government the police
> market researchers etc

They know who you are anyway, and if you use an unregistered Oyster card
all that they can tell is that *someone* generally takes particular
trains. They can't bind that to a name unless you give them your name
(which I haven't because my only use for my oyster is for rare
long-range tube journeys and times when it's raining so I can't walk).

--
`He accused the FSF of being "something of a hypocrit", which
 shows that he neither understands hypocrisy nor can spell.'