[Gllug] BBC: Battle of the operating systems

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon Jan 29 14:56:17 UTC 2007

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Rich Walker wrote:

> At a guess, I'm assuming you want to tie your online customer account
> management in to the ledger; the problem SQL-Ledger has is that it's
> relatively difficult to do this 'cos there's no sensible API, and
> that's one of the things LedgerSMB is intended to address.

That's part of what I need however I have that from a simple speadsheet.
What I don't have from that is a simple package that produces accounting
reports such as Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss statement, detailed
breakdown of sales, tax reports, VAT reports, payroll handling with up to
date information, etc.

No Free Software offering currently available (without a LOT of
customising) offers these or are likely to be suitable for handing mostly
completes accounts over to an accountant.

All of these things are not only useful to a small business - they are
vital.

> Possibly this is something to sponsor a student to do?

A student wont be able to meet my requirements for this. It's not a short
term project.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98