[Gllug] OSS Spam filtering, virus scanning email solutions

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 4 07:48:53 UTC 2007

Chris Bell wrote:

>    Are you really unable to appreciate that the journalists may not have any
> other option than to send mail from wherever they are working?

It's pretty clear (to me at least), that servicing such a user community
is incompatible with the use of blackhole lists to reject connections. I
use SBL+XBL myself, so I appreciate the OP's reasoning, but when it gets
in the way of providing the service for which the machines have been
installed, the policy needs changing. If that means going to management
and saying "we need a bigger server to handle this", so be it.

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk