[Gllug] ADSL2 router help / recomendation

Simon Perry gllug at si-designs.co.uk
Tue Jan 23 17:53:55 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have been running IPcop for years as my personal firewall. Having
moved office and getting a spanking new ADSL2 max connection I had to
change away from my trusty Alcatel frog.

I bought a Zyxel P660r hoping that it would bridge my static IP to my
IPcop box only to discover that it won't. At least I haven't managed to
make it work. I currently have it nat'ing through to my IPcop box but of
course that means my VPN connections do not work.

Has anyone experience of getting the above modem to play nicely with
IPcop or indeed any open source firewall?

If not I would appreciate suggestions for an ADSL2 router that will
allow me to present a public IP to my IPcop box. Or as a radical
departure handle the ADSL2, VPN, firewall etc to replace the IPcop maybe
a Billion 7402R2?

Many thanks

Simon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk