[Gllug] Mounting removable media

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 16:59:25 UTC 2007

On 1/3/07, Casper Gasper <casper.gasper at gmail.com> wrote:

> $ lshal | less
>
> and then just look for the relevant block.device which will show you
> the /dev entry that udev has created, and from there you can just
> mount it.

Except I'd also need to either create an fstab entry, or use something
like gnome-mount instead. Plus it's not exactly user friendly. This
needs to be usable by more than just me. Yes, I could write a script
to parse the output of lshal, and do something meaningful with it[1],
but I'm trying to get to something that'll just work with minimal
intervention.

Tet

[1] Or perhaps hal-find-by-property, but that seems a bit buggy. It
doesn't want to query certain types of property.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk