[Gllug] Microsoft was distributing Ubuntu

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon Jul 2 08:27:40 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, t.clarke wrote:

> Call me a 'grumpy old man' if you like,  but I have always hated 'slide
> presentations' of any sort,  whether using powerpoint or old fashioned
> slides in a rotating carousel.
>
> They very rarely seem to communicate anything terribly useful,

They are not really meant to though. They are supposed to be prompts and
headings for the detail of a presentation and visual aides to that
presentation.

The key word is aides. The fact is that presentations often benefit
enormously from visual aides and having those prompts can help ensure it
is put forward in a logically consistent manner.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk