[Gllug] A few words on the topic of stock spam

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Fri Jul 13 08:47:53 UTC 2007

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Christopher Hunter wrote:

> > I suspect he was suggesting that people should be held responsible for
> > their their computer
>
> They should!  A computer connected to the outside world requires careful
> use and maintenance.  It is negligent to allow your computer to be
> remotely abused.  It's interesting that MS' EULA specifically excludes
> this kind of abuse from their warranty.

I disagree. We know for a fact that most people, through no fault of their
own other than ignorance, run computers that are insecure by design
(courtesy of software publishers).

Why should those people be held responsible for that in law? We do not
hold drivers responsible if the car manufacturer designs brakes that fail
due to poor design/manufacture.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk