[Gllug] Moving System to a new Disk - checking out my plan...

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Jul 3 16:37:48 UTC 2007

On 2 Jul 2007, Ken Smith stated:
> I manually changed the init script in the initrd and all is well......
>
> And I learned a fair bit more about the fine details of the boot
> process.....

Note that initrds are obsolete, so you may have learned out-of-date
stuff... the recommended approach these days is to use an initramfs,
which is sort of the same only different (among other things the
necessary stuff can be built into the kernel image as part of the kernel
build process, so the kernel is completely self-contained again).

--
`... in the sense that dragons logically follow evolution so they would
 be able to wield metal.' --- Kenneth Eng's colourless green ideas sleep
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk