[Gllug] A few words on the topic of stock spam

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 10:09:05 UTC 2007

The notion of a particular country's laws being enforceable outside its own
territory is absurd.
The USA certainly claims it and probably only gets away with it in certain areas
because other countries are dumb enough to allow them to do so.

If someone commits a crime here they should be tried for that crime here.

The question of 'where' a crime is committed is obviously more difficult in the
case of internet crime, and there are extradition treaties to deal with that
situation.

If I should libel a USA citizen on the internet should that subject me to
being sued in the USA,  or here ???

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk