[Gllug] I need to scream !!!

Ian Norton-Badrul bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Tue Jul 17 21:34:29 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 08:04:36AM -0700, Bradut wrote:
> I've just got this guy (some big wig "it strategist"
> in the place I work) across my desk, saying things
> like "the market of unix is dead", "there is no
> resilience in unix".....
>
> These guys are making decisions for spends worth
> millions... Arghh !

You poor poor person, specially irritating when you know their opinion is based
in the 'i dont know what it is, so it must be crap' camp.

As someone who works for a company where two different unix flavours are tier
one platforms I can tell you that even things like HPUX and AIX are alive and
kicking :-)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk