[Gllug] Image cropping from a script

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 13:43:20 UTC 2007

On 7/6/07, Progga <progga at bengalinux.org> wrote:

> Just curious, does all these have anything to do with OCR ?

Yep. I've written some OCR software for defeating certain CAPTCHA
images. Being tailored specifically for the images in question, it
gives better results than a general purpose OCR engine like GOCR.
However, I need to prefilter the images to remove background noise,
and crop everything that I'm not interested in, otherwise my code
chokes.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk