[Gllug] OT - Booting XP to commandline

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Sat Jul 21 11:54:22 UTC 2007

Hi All,

Sorry for the Windows question but ...

I'm doing some maintenance to a friend's Win-XP-Pro machine, and need to boot
to a DOS interface if possible. I remember being ablr to use a function key
at boot time, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to do it right
now.

Any hints? Basically, I need to copy the Documents and Settings from the C
drive to a newly installed data drive to recover disk space and since Windows
acesses several of the relevant files it will not let me copy them ... Using
a Linux boot CD is not an option since all drives are formatted NTFS
unfortunately.

Cheers

Dylan
--
"The blizard was alone on Earth and knew no equal."
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk