[Gllug] A few words on the topic of stock spam

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Jul 11 20:21:38 UTC 2007

On 11 Jul 2007, Jason Clifford outgrape:
> The fact that these "penny stock" scams have been around for a very long
> time rather suggests that they will continue to work for a long time yet.

Since, oh, 1720? (OK, so the South Sea Bubble didn't quite have the same
modus operandi, but the idea was the same: hype to the skies, cash in,
move on.)

> Spamming is just the latest, and cheapest, means of propagating the scam.

Quite so. (Personally when I'm trying to be controversial I muse that I
don't think the Bubble Act should ever have been repealed. It was the
start of a road that ended with the evil stupidity which is corporate
personhood...)

--
`... in the sense that dragons logically follow evolution so they would
 be able to wield metal.' --- Kenneth Eng's colourless green ideas sleep
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk