[Gllug] Persuading ssh to be less fussy for one nominated target host

Ziya Suzen ziya at suzen.net
Sun Jul 8 23:40:46 UTC 2007

On 7/8/07, John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk> wrote:
> I've been fiddling with my ssh settings to try to get it be a bit less
> paranoid when I connect to my test system.  I'm continually
> re-installing it and currently I have to edit ~/.ssh/known_hosts each
> time and remove the previous entries for that box.
>
> I've tried putting
>
>     StrictHostKeyChecking no

You can try changing the default known_hosts file to dev-null. ssh
will still display a warning but won't ask for your input. Make sure
your host pattern is solid since this is defeating the whole point of
host authentication. And I suggest maintaining your test servers host
keys instead if you are working over an insecure network.

--Ziya
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk