[Gllug] Hello from Cape Town

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Tue Jul 24 19:11:20 UTC 2007

Christopher Hunter wrote:
> There are no real "global warming issues".  The observed pattern of
> weather change is no different to the ones that happen in (roughly) 150
> year cycles.

Let me introduce you to a place you've never heard of: Tromsdal.
Tromsdal is a very small hamlet, even by Norwegian standards, a few
kilometers away from Verdal, itself about 90km north-east of Trondheim.

 My best friend's wife's parents live there, as did many of her
relatives and ancestors before her.  His wife's maiden name is Tromsdal.

Last year, for the first year that any of them can recall, or have heard
about, they didn't have a white Christmas.

> It's just convenient to the politicos that one of these warmer and
> wetter cycles happens to coincide with the need to modify public
> behaviour because of the shortages of fossil fuels!

You are not part of the solution.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk