[Gllug] OT re Sky Broadband

Peter Ball CFL at marguet-ball.net
Wed Jul 25 09:51:38 UTC 2007

Hi

> Eventually, I was told "it looks like the router
> is not working". Another referral back and "we'll send you
> another one" - "hold on while I prepare the paperwork".
>
> Eventually, I asked them to verify that BT had activated the
> line, but all I got back was "your phoneline is working".
> "I know that, I'm using it!", but I was wasting my breath.
> John.

The only way to be really sure whether it is ADSL activation or a faulty router is to swap with
a known working router.

I fear that there is at least a 50% chance that the ADSL is not activated at the exchange or
is faulty.  You will be pretty certain when you test the replacement router :-(

Good luck

Peter Ball
Computers For Linguists
peter.ball at marguet-ball.net
Tel:    +44(0)20 7732 1741
Fax:    +44(0)20 7358 9214
Mobile: +44(0)77 1968 2913
45 Endwell Road, London, SE4 2PQ, United Kingdom

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk