[Gllug] Microsoft was distributing Ubuntu

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jul 1 10:40:10 UTC 2007

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 10:00:38 +0100 Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org>
wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 01:28:16PM +0100, Tethys wrote:
> > --------

> > >The "flakiness" factor in Powerpoint makes it mostly unusable in
> > >reality.
> >
> > Wow. It's amazing how distorted a view of the world you can have
> > when you're cloistered in a small community. Powerpoint may have
> > its faults, but to claim its unusable it just laughable, given
> > the millions around the world that use it on a daily basis.
>
> On the very few occasions when I have used it or seen others using it,
> I do wonder how they put up with its inherent crapulousness.

What PowerPoint does is to display slides on a computer screen. If
there's a problem, it comes from the people who make the slides, as I
pointed out in another sub-thread.

The inherent problem with PowerPoint is that it makes it incredibly
easy to produce a large number of useless slides. Se the Video Arts
film on slide shows for how to do this with an earlier technology,

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk