[Gllug] Ecommerce solutions

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 12:01:09 UTC 2007

Does anyone have any recommendations for ecommerce solutions for a
small business? Something like Zen Cart with SecPay/WorldPay/whatever?
Or would I be better off going with a hosted solution (Yahoo Store,
PayPal shops, etc.)? The biggest single requirement is the ability to
accept credit card payments without incurring exhorbitant costs to do
so.

It'll be for a relatively small throughput site, so I can probably
accept paying a bit more per transaction to avoid high setup and or
ongoing monthly fees. For a hosted solution, I'm quite happy to point
a subdomain (e.g., shop.example.com) at an IP provided by the hosting
company, but I'm not going to give them control of my DNS, as some
seem to require...

Has anyone had an experience in this area, and can give some pointers
(good or bad)?

Thanks,

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk