[Gllug] Mactel Linux problem - Save my marriage :)

Panos Savvas pasavvas.accounts at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 24 21:26:00 UTC 2007

hi all.

A little guru help needed please!

ive googled like mad but haven't managed to fix this in 2 weeks and in the
process mangled lilo (yesterday).

Since I installed linux with bootcamp on my MacBook Pro I am no longer able
to recover the partition. bootcamp assistant doesn't work any more neither
does macs disk utility etc... any ideas? I can't even access the linux
partition or reinstall linux etc... its a mess

I need to recover as my wife is a designer who uses it for work and is going
to kill me as this was her xmas present. She hasn't noticed the disk size is
half yet ;)

Personally I use linux for most things and am not a beginner (but no
expert) and am comfortable with a command line solution if necessary.
Obviously I can see all the partitions from a linux live cd using gParted,
but I do not know how to make the partition available to the mac OS so that
it can manage/use it.

Basically I need to recover this a factory osx install for my wife to use.
Using the mac disk doesn't work either as it only sees the 80g partition
currently being used my osx.

I have posted in the mactel forums also but no solution yet.

does anyone here know how to resolve this?

Appreciate any help