[Gllug] Custom Linux PC Builder in SE London

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Sat Jul 28 13:25:43 UTC 2007

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007, Chris Bell wrote:

>    I am extremely wary about overclocking. I have found that a small
> number of manufacturers do sing about this, but I have not found them to
> be reliable even without overclocking. I prefer to use equipment that is
> properly designed and manufactured to do the job. Hardware that can
> overheat if used as I require is faulty.

In these days of multiple core CPUs running at several GHz does anyone
really care about overclocking?

Surely it would be better to be concerned with optimising other parts of
the system where real bottlenecks remain.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk