[Gllug] MySQL & ISPConfig

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Wed Jul 25 15:59:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 02:28:37PM +0100, Peter wrote:
> I'm following the instructions in http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_ubuntu_6.06
> to set up LAMP & ISPconfig on Ubuntu Server 6.06.01
> and have run into a blockage.
>
> "We want MySQL to listen on all interfaces, not just localhost, therefore we edit
> /etc/mysql/my.cnf and comment out the line
>
>      bind-address = 127.0.0.1:"
>
> however my /etc/mysql/my.cnf doesn't include this line and apart from comments the only
> lines it contains are:
>
>      [client]
>      port     = 3306
>      socket   = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

This would be your problem, then.  These settings only specify how the
mysql client should behave if connecting to an arbitrary database, if a
port or socket wasn't specified at the command line.  What you are
missing is any configuration section for mysqld, so it is presumably
going by its compiled -in defaults.

Add a [mysqld] section.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"