[Gllug] OT re Sky Broadband

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 08:58:59 UTC 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:43:47 +0100 john gennard <joney at clara.co.uk>
wrote:

> I found I could not logon, so I rang Sky to check "admin" and
> "password". This was a very lengthy and useless exercise.
> I told them I had concluded that either the phone line was
> faulty/unactivated or the router was u/s. They did not listen.
> It's clear to me that they can only operate by using a
> detailed script and ignoring any input from the client.

I had a similar experience, when assisting a friend to set up Sky
broadband, attempting to find the POP3 address to use for the Sky email
address. The person at the other end of the phone had no idea what I
was talking about, and what should have been a two-minute conversation
(100 seconds of which should have been pleasantries) lasted fifteen
minutes and included two consultations with persons off.

It seems I got off lightly.

Of course, I wouldn't have needed to have phoned at all if they'd
clearly stated the information in their printed "handbook",

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk