[Gllug] Mactel Linux problem - Save my marriage :)

Panos Savvas pasavvas.accounts at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 25 14:07:32 UTC 2007

> > Perhaps you should consider not 'playing' with the computer that your
> > wife uses for work.

Before you start patronising think that maybe I didn't decide to include my
life story with the problem. She has started using it for work over the last
few weeks whereas before that we both used it for 'Playing'. Furthermore the
intention was to let her try Linux and see if she would like to move to it.
the answer is No sadly.

> > One approach could be the following:
>
> > * Backup the important hard disk contents using the LiveCD onto a usb
> > harddisk or another computer

Thanks :)

> * Wipe hard disk

> * Reinstall laptop using the Mac restore CDs.

I suppose this is what I am trying to find out. If I wipe the disk using a
linux livecd will the mac OS be able to see it? currently the
mac installer only sees the half that isn't linux. I don't understand
filesystems and partionion tables well enough which is why I havent tried
this. I use linux for development and for normal home so I am no power
user. I dont want to risk not being able to install mac os x at all. Is
there a risk of that (assume there is no hardware issue)