[Gllug] Exim4 serving Windoze boxes

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Fri Jun 29 21:28:31 UTC 2007

Anyone here using Exim to serve as a mail front-end for Windoze boxes?
Whats yr preferred POP3 daemon to go with it?

(I have a friend who wants to run his own mailserver - I suggested using an
'old' box and sticking Debian within Exim plus a POP3 daemon on it).

Never used pop3 myself (our Exim box smtp's straight through to a SCO box),
but I assume its more or less a case of getting Exim to just shove all incoming
mail in local users mailboxes  and then them collecting them on their Windoze
boxes using Thunderbird/Outlook/Whatever via pop3.

Tim

This E-Mail (and any files transmitted with it) is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender and delete the message.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk