[Gllug] screen and ssh challenge

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Fri Jun 8 11:51:27 UTC 2007

Hi

- Tethys wrote:
> export PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne "\033k${HOSTNAME%%.*}\033\\"'

A perfectly valid answer to my question.

Sadly, my question was incomplete - I would very much prefer not to have
to solve this with bashrc magic on the remote hosts. There are quite a
few I log into which I don't have a specific user for myself on, and I
don't want to start forcing this on other people.

I've tried some LocalCommand ssh magic, but either it won't send the
right codes to the terminal, or I failed to use the right codes.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
  cmsj at tenshu.net