[Gllug] phpmyadmin and Debian

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Sat Jun 16 13:14:36 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 13:58 +0100, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> >   phpmyadmin: Depends: php4 (>= 4.1.0) but it is not going to be
> > installed or
> >                        php4-cgi (>= 4.1.0) but it is not going to be
> > installed or
> >                        php5 but it is not going to be installed or
> >                        php5-cgi but it is not going to be installed or
> >                        php5-fcgi but it is not installable
> >               Depends: php4-mysql but it is not going to be installed or
> >                        php5-mysql but it is not going to be installed or
> >                        php5-mysqli but it is not installable
>
> It's telling you that phpmyadmin requires various php packages to be
> installed, but that apt can't install those because they have broken
> dependencies.

Sorry, I did actually know that. I meant what was beneath that as...

> Assuming you want php5, try installing php5, php5-cgi and php5-mysql
> individually first - then try to install phpmyadmin again.

Doing this gets this...

adrian at transpero:~$ sudo apt-get install php5
Password:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  php5: Depends: libapache2-mod-php5 (>= 5.2.0-8+etch4) but it is not
going to be installed or
                 libapache-mod-php5 (>= 5.2.0-8+etch4) but it is not
going to be installed or
                 php5-cgi (>= 5.2.0-8+etch4) but it is not going to be
installed
E: Broken packages

What I meant was, is there something fundamentally broken in Debian on
amd64 that might be causing this
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk