[Gllug] Microsoft was distributing Ubuntu

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jun 30 17:26:25 UTC 2007

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 13:28:16 +0100 Tethys <sta296 at astradyne.co.uk>
wrote:

> --------
>
> Christopher Hunter writes:
>
> >> 2. Presentation Software. (nothing competes with Powerpoint
> >> unfortunately)
> >
> >The "flakiness" factor in Powerpoint makes it mostly unusable in
> >reality.
>
> Wow. It's amazing how distorted a view of the world you can have
> when you're cloistered in a small community. Powerpoint may have
> its faults, but to claim its unusable it just laughable, given
> the millions around the world that use it on a daily basis.

Just as it's a bit strange to complain that Impress doesn't compete
with it. Unless you're running Windows 98SE. Impress doesn't work
properly on W98SE. But we're supposed to be talking about Impress under
Linux here.

All the time, I take (non-flaky) PowerPoint presentations on USB sticks
and display them using (non-flaky) Impress,

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk