[Gllug] VACANCY

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Fri Jun 1 12:47:52 UTC 2007

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, paul at ma1.se wrote:

> why?
>
> I think ageist job advertising is as offensive as "no blacks or
> coloureds" on guest house front windows back in the 1950's

Exactly in what way did "no blacks or no irish (this carried on long after
no blacks was stopped" represent a genuine aspect of the job?

The fact is that there are jobs that are well suited to people who are
younger or less experienced due to the nature of the job. You will note
that the actual posting causing this stated young OR less experienced.

Similarly there are jobs that are better suited to older or more
experienced people. Should those be required to be advertised in a
misleading manner to?

I think I'd rather see ads that honestly reflect the job rather than ones
that pander to stupid PC interpretations.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk