[Gllug] Colour printer problem

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jun 5 13:02:51 UTC 2007

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 12:51:00 +0000 tid <td at bloogaloo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 05/06/07, Chris Bell <chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >

> > to magicolor 2, shown as paperweight. Looks like it requires a
> > replacement control board, or transport to the dump.
> >

> Having been through 2 QMS printers in 2 years at work (central
> purchasing, grrr), the
> dump is my recommendation. Both had motherboard / comms issues and
> were loathed
> by everyone.

On the other hand, I've been using a magicolor 2300DL for a couple of
years or so, and I've found it utterly reliable, once it gets going.
(The only problem is the feed, which has a tendency to report a media
jam rather than start feeding the paper. Once i found the tweak, it's
been fine,)

--
 All the best,
 John