[Gllug] Puke - Berlin Bundestag will switch to Outlook and Exchange

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jun 21 22:44:59 UTC 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 23:37:34 +0100 Christopher Currie <ccurrie at usa.net>
wrote:

> It seems to me that, as we are physically moving office next month,
> it would be reasonable to ask the bosses and the support company to
> install O.O.o on the system after that, but I may encounter some
> resistance.
>
> Any other software solutions that people can suggest? (I can't
> imagine the bosses agreeing to convert the PC to dual-booting with
> Linux).

You can run Open Office and MS Office together on the same PC with no
problem. I did this for a long while before I migrated to Linux.

Initially I ran it using MS Office as the default (which is what your
bosses might want), later moving to OO as the default (which is what
people might want to do for themselves in the long run),

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk