[Gllug] Freeview

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Jun 13 07:45:12 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 09:54:42PM +0100, Tethys wrote:
> Chris Bell writes:
> >   I have found that the technical quality achieved here by Freeview is
> >superior to that from analogue TV, more than can be said about much of the
> >content.
>
> Really? I've found precisely the opposite. Analogue TV isn't perfect,
> but it does at least degrade gracefully. Digital TV is fine when it
> works, but I just can't live with the constant screen freezes and
> sound dropouts.

Exactly.  Living where I do at the bottom of a valley, I can get
Channel 4 analogue well, BBC1 and BBC2 analogue with a lot of fuzz,
and no other channels (analogue or digital) at all.

When the analogue switch-off starts happening from next year, I fully
expect to stop watching TV altogether (probably no bad thing).

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat