[Gllug] apt/dpkg woes

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Wed Jun 27 09:52:00 UTC 2007

Hi

Pete Ryland wrote:
> I would have thought that it either didn't exist or wasn't "chmod +x".

I doubt "didn't exist", I would think dpkg would spit out a more useful
error in that case (or more likely, no error at all, since packages
aren't required to have the pre/post scripts, aiui).

>  From all the error messages provided, I would also have assumed this
> was a disk space problem.

The only thing which makes me wonder about the disk space theory is that
it would be hard to have enough space to create a file, but not enough
to make it executable, but it's hard to say without knowing the exact
setup :)
Also, it's a sparc machine, so there could be subtle weirdnesses at play.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
  cmsj at tenshu.net