[Gllug] Wide availability of fronts

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Fri Jun 29 20:59:24 UTC 2007

--------

Nix writes:

>(not least because it's serifed but also because Helvetica is simply
>cramped and crabby. IMNSHO of course, but Bringhurst agrees with me so
>there must be something to this prejudice ;) ).

I have a lot of time for Bringhurst, and TEOTS should be mandatory
reading for anyone intending to present text for public viewing.
But here I disagree with him. That's not to say there aren't better
sans-serif alternatives available, and Helvetica is certainly a bit
cramped for prose. But on the whole, it's a perfectly servicable
typeface.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk