[Gllug] DNS & VPN

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Wed Jun 20 23:03:59 UTC 2007

> As I keep on saying: The VPN (and routing, etc) all works. The question
> is how to name 192.168.0.254.

When you issue the ip address (with DHCP I'm guessing) can you not also
give an extra DNS server (on 192.168.0.254 or one of your other linux
boxes).  Then when the user's main DNS fails to pick up the address it
does to your one and resolves.  Will be a little slower as it waits for
the other DNS to fail but it will at least work.

Failing that, can you give your users a hosts file which includes the name
and IP address?  Not great if you have thousands of them.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk