[Gllug] Puke - Berlin Bundestag will switch to Outlook and Exchange

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Jun 23 21:59:21 UTC 2007

On 22 Jun 2007, Alain Williams said:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 08:35:23PM +0100, Nix wrote:
>> It may be a seriously neat bit of code, but it's fucking awful at the
>> only thing I use it for, which is sending email. I don't personally give
>> a damn if it can do eight billion other things, because I don't use them
>> and frankly they just get in the way.
>
> Which is why, if you have sense, you frontend your exchange box with a *nix box
> as an outbound/incoming smart-host.

Let me state for the record that none of my workplaces have even *heard*
of this `sense' and would generally fight it tooth and nail if it was
suggested to them. (I really must switch jobs.)

--
`... in the sense that dragons logically follow evolution so they would
 be able to wield metal.' --- Kenneth Eng's colourless green ideas sleep
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk