[Gllug] VACANCY

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 11:50:43 UTC 2007

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 12:29:59 +0100 (BST) Jason Clifford
<jason at ukfsn.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
>
> > > Please let me know if anyone is interested in this- probably one
> > > for the younger/slightly less experienced of you.
> >
> > The comment above is a good example of opening up your employer to
> > a claim of unlimited liability in an employment tribunal.
>
> Which is completely stupid.

Not really. Omitting the "younger/" would have conveyed the meaning of
the sentence quite adequately.

I suspect its inclusion is the result of not thinking about every word,
rather than deliberate discrimination. But people should be careful
with job adverts, if for no other reason than that they're important for
the image given about the company,

--
 All the best,
 John