[Gllug] ADVERT: Google PSO Open House in London...

Richard Russell richard.a.russell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 13:46:30 UTC 2007

Richard Huxton wrote:
> > So "crossing innovation frontiers" would be moving from a region *with*
> > innovation to one *without* innovation, I take it?

Heh -- yeah, the blurb was written by someone in the US... I offer my
apologies for it, and assure you that I had nothing to do with that
particular phrase. I think it's supposed to indicate something about
our group fitting between business and engineering.

Paul Lee wrote:
> Quite like to go to this, but reckon I'd be considered too much of a
> dunce by Google types in their Googleplex.

Well, it's not an interview, and we're all pretty friendly, so if
you're interested, come along anyway -- worst case is that you get a
bit bored for an evening and you indulge in free drinks. More likely,
you'll meet some interesting people and have an enjoyable night.
Potentially, you'll cross an innovation frontier... or something  :-)

> When I think what my favorite bridge and why, I'd like to say the Humber
> Bridge however the only frontier it crosses is Humberside to North
> Yorkshire , or is this a trick question and am I thinking too literally
> ? :-)

The bridge question confuses me too... I don't know if there's a prize
for the best description of a bridge, or a prize for the most popular
bridge itself, or if it's just that someone here is really into
bridges...

Anyway, I think I should stop spruiking the list. If you have any
questions, I'm more than happy to answer them by email or phone, and I
hope to meet a few GLLUGers either here or at an upcoming meeting
soon.

Cheers

Richard
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk