[Gllug] Lonix - London Linux User Group (March 2007)

Tushar tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Thu Mar 1 20:22:44 UTC 2007

Hi ,

Here are the details of the next meeting for Lonix,

Date:  Wednesday 7 Mar 2007
Time:  6.00pm onwards
Place: The Glasshouse, 55 Brewer Street, Soho, London, W1F 9UJ
Map: http://tinyurl.com/q5n73
Nearest Tube:  Piccadilly Circus
Phone: 07980 224772

1. Lonix Meeting Wed 7th March 2007
2. UKUUG Spring 2007 'Kerberos' Tutorial & 'Virtualisation' Conference
3. Novell Roadshow - London Tuesday 6th March 2007

This month's meeting is back in the centre of town at one of our usual haunts, the Glasshouse pub on Brewer Street. There'll be some giveaways this month from Sybase, tshirts, mugs, software and bits and pieces.

Drinks here are cheap, less than 2 quid a pint for the special, and for london that aint half bad.

Meeting starting at 5.30-6.00pm in the Glasshouse, we will be downstairs in the cellar with the bats. This month we'll be staying till about 9.30 before heading around the corner for a curry. After which we'll be heading to Nothing but Blues on Kingly street for some live music til about 1am.

All usual discussions relating to life, beer, work and music. We'll be having a short quiz during the evening with special prizes for the winning team.
Wooooooooo! If you're new then look out for the Lonix tshirts.

Hope to see you there,

Tushar

UKUUG Spring 2007 'Kerberos' Tutorial & 'Virtualisation' Conference
Manchester Conference Centre
19th - 21st March 2007
http://www.ukuug.org/events/spring2007

Half-day tutorial on: Kerberos - by Simon Wilkinson

(just 3 places left on this tutorial! - book now to secure your place!)

2 day Conference theme: Virtualisation

* Xensource by Ian Pratt and others
* Solaris Logical Domains & Zones by Sun
* Transitive Technologies
* Google
* An afternoon of Uses and Experiences of virtualisation
& how it solved contributors' problems

AND - We've recently confirmed a talk from Apple on cluster
management of their Xserve systems.

Plus:

* Perl 6 by Jonathon Worthington
* System Configuration by Paul Anderson
* Svk by it's author Chia-Liang Kao
* Secure Filesystems with AFS
* FreeBSD by Poul Henning-Kamp & Robert Watson
-
Full information on talks, speakers, venue, costs etc. is now available together with an on-line booking form at:

Plus:   Conference dinner, sponsored by Google taking place
on the Tuesday evening (20th March) at Old Trafford.

Come and see it for yourself at the 'Your Linux is ready' road show.

SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 is the next-generation Linux platform from Novell.
>From the desktop to the data center, SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 delivers the
security, reliability and flexibility you need to open your enterprise to
Linux and leverage the latest open source innovation with confidence.

SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 is ready to run your most critical applications and
make your business users more productive on their PCs. It is tightly
integrated with Novell's cross-platform for systems management, identity
management, and collaboration.

At this road show you will hear from strategic sponsoring partners, IBM and
AMD who will deliver keynote presentations around their view on SUSE Linux
and how it plays a major part in today's businesses, followed by an
afternoon
session that will highlight the seamless integration of Novell???s systems and
resource management solutions for the enterprise.

How to manage a virtual environment combining VMware, Xen and Microsoft
How to manage servers and desktops that run Linux and Windows
How to secure compliance of your software usage with your licence contracts
How to deploy patches easily in a multi-vendor context
How to increase security across all your systems and ensure compliance

It is also the only Linux platform recommended by Microsoft. See:
www.moreinterop.com

Dates:

6th Mar - London
8th Mar - Bracknell
14th Mar - Edinburgh
22nd Mar - Leeds
27th Mar - Dublin

To register your place today visit - www.novell.com/linux/tour_emea For further information email UKMarketing at novell.com

Tushar

This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to the Lonix
meetings notification e-mail list. If you have any questions concerning
this please contact us on www.lonix.org.uk/?showContact

Your Lonix Account Details are:
Login via : http://www.lonix.org.uk
Username: gllug at linux.co.uk