[Gllug] Mailbox compacting

Rich Walker rw at shadowrobot.com
Wed Mar 28 15:37:30 UTC 2007

I want to compact some Mozilla mailboxes belonging to various users. If
they were maildir's I could generate a cfengine rule like

	thoth::
		/home/*/Maildir/.backup/* pattern=* age=21
	thoth::
		/home/*/Maildir/.spam/* pattern=* age=21

to do the job (though obviously it would look at the name and look for a
deleted flag...) But they aren't, and I don't want to convert them in and
out.

The mailboxes are supposed to be in mbox format - is there a good way to
compact them from a command-line tool?

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadowrobot.com/hand/overview.shtml