[Gllug] Be-There

Anthony Newman anthony.newman at ossified.net
Thu Mar 1 11:52:06 UTC 2007

Christopher Mocock wrote:

> The free router is a rather crappy Speedtouch but it does the basics. I
> believe the technology is ADSL2+ so you can always get a better one if
> required.

The current version of their service doesn't use PPPoA; it's more like
routed Ethernet, thus gaining you precious bits of bandwidth at the cost
of not being able to use any old CPE. As it goes, I've found the device
to be functional and stable.

Word on the street is that there is a PPPoA-type service on the way,
which will enable you to have a laggier and slower service more akin to
"ADSL-1", with wider hardware compatibility.

Ant

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk